Moving House Tips
Four weeks to go...
- Ring round for quotes from removal firms and appoint one. Make sure they are properly insured and establish exactly
what they are prepared to do
- Start collecting packing boxes
- Ensure you have lots of newspaper to protect your valuables
- Try to use smaller cardboard boxes as they are easier to manoeuvre
- Clean out all cupboards and dispose of anything you no longer require
- Pack away any non essential items such as seasonal clothes and any ornaments
- Pack any items from the attic, garage and garden shed
- Inform your employer of your move and arrange time off
- et all the relevant people know that you are changing address
- Arrange with the Post Office to have all your post redirected
- Do not forget to arrange your house insurance for the new property . Your buildings insurance should already be in
place on the day you move in
Two weeks to go...
- Start running down food stocks from freezer and cupboards
- Continue to pack items not required before the move
- Arrange for children and pets to be taken care of during the move
- Contact the gas, electric, telephone and water companies to inform them of the move
One week to go...
- Double check the booking you have made with your removal firm
- Keep your vacuum cleaner, duster, polish etc., unpacked for the final clean
- Cancel newspapers, milk and window cleaner and settle any outstanding bills.